37108EQUS EQ Unify Group Together 900X330

Did You Receive an Authorization Form?

Why did I receive an authorization form from EQ Unify?

EQ Unify has been appointed by the company in which you hold stock or you may be legally entitled to.  The account is currently “inactive” and action is needed to ensure the asset is updated with the most current information and in good standing order.   

EQ Unify is here to reconnect you with your holdings so they are not lost or escheated. 

Every individual and each company represents a unique circumstance so the Authorization Form explains the reasons that the particular company in which you or an affiliate  hold stock has asked EQ Unify to contact you. There are several indicators that may tell a company there is a disconnect between a shareholder and his or her assets:

  • Mail sent to the address of record has been returned as “undeliverable” by the U.S. Post Office.
  • There has been no contact via phone, mail or internet from the registered shareowners(s) for an extended period of time.
  • One or more of the registered shareowners is believed to be deceased. 
  • As a result of a corporate acquisition or merger, you have not received the entitlement paid when your shares were acquired under the terms of an offer or merger.

What do I do now?

The authorization information is used to make the recovery of your assets as streamlined as possible. Simply follow the instructions provided and return the claim form (along with any necessary documents) to us as soon as possible. Reach out to us with any questions or concerns. 

Who needs to complete the authorization form?

There are numerous types of accounts and signature requirements pertaining to updating or claiming an asset. To help simply what sometimes can be a confusing process, EQ Unify has provide the below examples of who and what supporting documents are needed to regain control of the asset and ensure all signature requirements are met for processing.


Account Type:

Signature Required:

Additional Instructions:

  • Single/Joint Tenant
  • Sole Proprietor

Shareowner.  The registered shareowner(s) must sign as the account is registered.

If you have changed your name include a copy of your marriage certificate or court documents evidencing the name change.

If the shareowner is unable to sign, then the appointed POA, guardian or conservator should follow the instructions below. An attorney or broker may not sign on behalf of shareowner. 

  • Power of Attorney (POA)

Attorney-in-Fact in their capacity as POA.

i.e. John Doe as POA.

Include a copy of the Power of Attorney document containing verbiage to sell, assign, & transfer and authorizing the Attorney-in-Fact to act on behalf of share or security transactions.  

  • Custodial (UTMA or UGMA)

One of the following ways: 

  • Custodian only
  • Custodian and the Minor
  • Minor only 

If only the listed minor is signing a copy of birth certificate, passport, driver’s license or military identification card proving majority age must be included. No other document will be accepted for proof of majority age.

  • Trust

Trustee or 

Successor Trustee(s) 

Trustee must sign as named in the registration.  No additional documents are required. 

Successor Trustee(s) must include a Certificate of Fiduciary Authority, completed and signed by Successor Trustee(s), with Medallion Signature Guarantee stamp.

  • Guardian or Conservator

Guardian or Conservator in their capacity listed within the court document.

i.e. John Doe as Guardian

Include a copy of the court certified document dated within 60 days, authorizing the guardian or conservator to act on behalf of the individual’s assets.

  • Corporation
  • Investment Club
  • School
  • Government Agency
  • Religious Organization
  • Non-Profit 
  • Bank or Financial Institution as Custodian, IRA or Trustee

Any person listed on, but not the person signing, the Corporate Resolution.

Include a copy of the corporate resolution, dated within 6 months, listing the individuals authorized to act on behalf of the company and signed by an individual at the company.  If the Corporate Resolution provides only titles, the person signing the address verification form must sign in the capacity, i.e. John Doe as President.

The individual that signed the Corporate Resolution may not be the person signing the address verification form.  

  • Partnership

The General Partner or Managing Partner in their capacity.

i.e. John Doe as General Partner.

If the partnership has a governing resolution or the partners have titles, follow requirements for corporation, above.